Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eat - Don't Sleep.

Been a little lazy with the blog as of late but today I want to speak on something very near and dear to my stomach...FOOD.

"It's good to be around my folks, eatin' food, tellin' jokes."
I LOVE good food. LOVE IT. I appreciate it. I don't take good food for granted. I don't take folks who know how to cook good food for granted. It's an art and it's nothing more than a transferring of energy. Don't eat much flesh so here's what I mean - Sun to plant, plant to picker, picker to cook, cook to to dish, dish to mouth, mouth to calorie, calorie as energy. Now you can put good energy into your body or bad energy. Food snob line of the year, "Fast food is bad energy." I LOVE slow food. I'm talking about that home cooked goodness prepared over positive conversation and loving energy (i.e. laughing and connecting). Nothing tastes better and nothing is better for you. I am BLESSED to have people around me that cook good and put their soul into their cooking (read WIFEY). But, I'm not above going out to eat either. If you can eat a meal and think back on that meal weeks later and it brings a smile to your face...you were either eating a good energy feast or something with hella MSG in it. Well, I've been thinking about food that I had weeks ago and I doubt it had MSG in it but I know I want more. Every time I go to San Diego I have to hit this joint up and if you're in the area you GOTTA hit it up to (Plus the owner's the homie of the homie).
One of my favorite restaurants EVER in any city that I've been to (and I've been to a lot) is KAFE YEN. http://www.kafeyen.com/ They come correct with the Thai cuisine. My non-meat eaters will love it, my carnivorous peeps will love it, my "I need some SPICE in my life" people with love it, and my I-need-something-different folks will love it too. The atmosphere is dope. Everything from traditional Thai wall hangings to VIVA DILLA pieces adorn the walls. The beats they play are on point (I took my wife out to some "Thai" spot in PHX and the jokers in there were playing some Kenny G crap - how am I supposed to eat with that going on?) Plus the owner/manager dood is good peoples. He has his own art work and art work from Pete B. of the CUF hanging up in the place. Even the bathrooms are proper!
I might also be a little biased cuz homeboy who owns it put out one of my favorite Hip Hop albums on his label. Don't sleep on this album - Deep Fried Funk Brothers "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire" The Cuf are one of my favorite Hip Hop groups and they come with it on this album. Here's what the good people at Access Hip Hop say, "Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire is the new album from the group still better known as THE CUF! Mad G, Pete and N8 the GR8 continue to bang out nothing but that bay flavored slump with some help from their friends! Grouch, Moonrocks, Murs, Kirby Dominant, Casual and more stop by to drop some verses." The album came out on old dood's label Catz Go Round Records. Check the site at http://www.myspace.com/catzgoroundrecords Check the video for a track off the album and look out for Pete B's new album too.

Eat well friends. Let me just leave you with a recipe from one of the dopest ever - Abstract Rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment