Wednesday, April 8, 2009

movies, music and more...

Sometimes you just gotta stay indoors and keep yourself occupied with some quality entertainment. Especially if you have the winds we've been having. I highly recommend sitting down and enjoying the following documentary:

Peep the trailer for "This is the Life: How the West Was One"

This is like the story behind the story of some of my all time favorite artists (Aceyalone, Abstract Rude, 2Mex (Of Mexican Decent), Pigeon John...WHAT?? This is a must-see for fans of Project Blowed, Freestyle Fellowship, West Coast hip hop or just Dope Hip Hop in general. Check it.

...And have you checked out the new Electric Company??? It's not the "Hey You Guuuyyyysss!" that I remember. It's kinda ill. They have stepped it up for "the hip hop generation" Are they pirating culture? Maybe. But it's better than Mickey's Clubhouse or whatever. Check the the dope characters.

I like when he kicks kids down with the "br" sounds. He's a savvy little brotha. They get some big names to drop by too. Follow me after the text for a video from the show with Wyclef. I saw Marc Echo on there the other day too. The only disappointment is that it only comes on Friday afternoons.


My son loves it and it's better than anything else educational on TV right now. Have you seen Hip Hop Harry??? No thanks.

Want to kick back to a good album? This one came out a couple of years ago but I'm still enjoying it:


How about a good full length feature film? Here's one from last year that I enjoyed. I was mostly pulled in by the soundtrack (which happened to be the soundtrack to my life at that time). It's comical, hip and yet kinda deep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment