Sunday, January 25, 2009

Behind The Physical

Here's another old poem that I wrote in '04 when I was helping some High School kids get into writing and expressing themselves poetically. It was hella dope getting together and working with those homies and trying to inspire them and get them hyped on telling their stories. I'm not in contact with them any more but I hope they're still bumping the beats I hooked them up with and checking out the poets that I introduced them to. Here's to you fellas...

Behind the Physical

I've learned to mirage this physical facade
with hieroglyphic body language,
esoteric facial expressions,
and an almost too real
artificially sweetened, lo-carb "Hey, how ya doin'?",
brewin' coffee I WON'T drink demeanor.
I mean, being that I speak the jargon,
water reflect that aspect of "Yo Man, the man got that ass in check!"
-with your docker wearin,
textbook definition of a tool lookin',
pleated, pressed,
best dressed,
behind the desk,
pencil pushin',
stencil of a pin cushion in a button up lookin'
cookie cut out Yes Man...
I do look like a Yes Man
And yes, man. I do habla "yes sir, no ma'am"
But damn if I haven't penciled in the schematic for you to understand
Damn if I haven't blue-printed this Waterloo - You know how we do - stand
so you too can be
Walkin'
Talkin'
Hip Hoppin' Contraband
Cuz see...
What you see...
What you see is the Trojan Horse side of me.
I'm above what you're on
Still on some old break-a-dawn bullshit
I've crossed MY Rubicon
and Ciscero'd that school shit
and gotten stupid on academic language,
taken their think tank for a test drive.
Now...not even Bradley's or Humvees can Fuck with me.
Luckily, my subtleties are utterly unrecognizable
to the naked - I like what you've added to the puppet man's dance,
very creative to pause in my MTV B-Boy stance.
- But look Money,
despite the formalities I'm frontin'...
I'm still forming 4 letter fornications
feelin' free behind the guise of futility's 4 star for-ever-ness
for now...
feed me some forgiveness and understanding
and "Don't Front, You Know I've Got You Open"
to new ideas.
And now who's soundin' stupid like flame retardant.
Ears ready to listen now that the Last Dragon's
lookin more like Tyler Durton.
Puttin a hurtin' on the establishment cuz
"I Came to Bring the Pain - HARDCORE"
But what's more...
is that there's more
behind this physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment