Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do YOU remember?

I got a bit of "throwback fever" from my last blog and found this interesting little interview. D-Nice, who many heads should know, has done a series of mini-docs with other old school artists or participants in early hip hop ("D-Nice Presents True Hip Hop..."). This is an interview with Masta Ace on the making of The Symphony (classic). Juice Crew paved the way for soooo many people. Respect due.

Here's the cheezy video that they came out with for this one. I remember watching it as a young pup. I remember being able to put a face to the name when this video dropped. Everyone gets introduced in this one (well, everyone that was in this video, other members didn't participate on this record).

...And here's another classic joint circa '95.

The video is terrible (except for the fact that he's from NY and he's reppin' the Westcoast and the peeps) but the song is good. And if you didn't know, I hope you will find out. Masta Ace is still puttin' it down, too. Check for the super group, EMC - he's still holdin it down! Alright. Well, I'm gonna go throw on some more classic bangers. Do your homework, kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment