Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some Downloads...

Here's some music to get you through the weekend, into next week and out of January. The first is a link to a Z-Trip mix that he put together to celebrate "Obama Day". He put one out before the election as well. It was pretty good but I preferred DJ Green Lantern's (it had interviews with Obama and he had some good things to say about Hip Hop as well as the fact that he's got Jay-Z and Nas on his ipod - that's our president!). I haven't heard this one yet but see what you think... http://www.djztrip.com/obama/victorylap/

Next is a link to download a Last Emperor Mixtape. If you enjoy just listening to good, thought provoking lyrics, you should enjoy this one. You may remember Last Emp from his verse on Lyricist Lounge on the track "C.I.A" with KRS and Zack from RATM. That's where I first heard him and I was like,"Damn, who is this dood? He's gonna BLOW UP!" After that he dropped some dope singles but didn't come out with a full album until like 03 or 04. That album was alright but a bit of a let down. The following is a mix that came out in o6. There were only 1,000 copies printed so you can pretty much only get a bootleg unless you got time and money to spend on ebay. If you don't know about the Philly-bred MC this is a good primer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/140371179/the_last_emperor-hidden_treasures-2005.zip

Here's the DIY video that someone put together for Last Emperor's "Secret Wars" track.
Comic book heads should feel this one. This came out like 10 yrs. ago.


...and here's an excerpt from an old AND1 mixtape that he was on. I had this when it first came out (back then you could only get AND1 mixtapes at, I think it was footlocker, and they were dope back then - raw, dope artists, underground feel. But now...forget it.) and I loved that track so much that I dubbed it off the VCR and put it on mixtapes. "I USED TO SELL MIXTAPES BUT NOW..." haha. Check it. (I think it's on the mix to download too)

No comments:

Post a Comment