Friday, February 6, 2009

Don't Sleep Vol. 2

OK, I'm gonna help you out on this one. I'm not going to give you the opportunity to sleep. And if you still do after this...it's on you and that's the WORST kind of sleeping. So, this album just dropped this week and I really hope you won't sleep on it. Pick up SUNSPOT JONZ's "Fight. Destroy. Rock." It is DOPE! (note: it's not going to be the studio mastering that you get from a T.I. album BUT the Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y is there. it was made in the same vein as all of the UHB albums [for those that know] and is meant to sound raw, made-in-my-room and true to El-P's "Independent as F@#%!"). You can tell he put in work on this one.

Here's the info on the album (plus the studio album that he released on the same day, "Dark Side Ov Heaven") from the man himself:
Sunspot Jonz - Vlog: DARKSIDE OV HEAVEN & FIGHT DESTROY ROCK V.1


And here's a vid from G4 where he was featured. Check the freestyle skills.



Runner Up Slept-On-Album for today:

If you are a Legends fan you know that their catalog is extensive. Each member has at least 5 solo albums, there are side crews (CMA, 3MG, G&E, etc.) plus compilations (UHB). SO much heat that it's easy for an album to slide through the cracks. My personal favorite Sunspot album is "Child Ov the Storm". Don't sleep!! Guest spots include G&E, Del, Rasco, plus a posse cut banger (Will Not Be Destroyed). Show some love and do yourself a favor - go find a copy. "Every word is a taste of my ambition, every breath is a reflection of the raging turmoil within my soul, as the storm grows near, this is all I know, this is all I am..Lord, please forgive me." - Sunspot from "Child Ov the Storm" liner notes. Legends Baby! Don't sleep! Don't sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment